13 Jan Five Approaches to Creating Product Videos that Boost Online Sales
By Studio B Films Founder David Collier
How do you increase your online product sales? Should your eCommerce strategy include videos? The answer is yes. Almost everyone selling goods are now selling them online, and a lot of manufacturers and retailers have figured out that product videos are a great way to show off what makes their products unique, beautiful, or particularly useful. And because Google loves video, product videos help to drive traffic to their web sites because they greatly help with SEO. There is a huge range of styles and approaches to producing these video. This blog discuss both the value of producing product videos, as well as selecting the right approach for your product.
Great way to visually show off your video
Educate people on the how the product will help them
Great for search engine optimization, which will ultimately help you drive traffic to your web site
The Various Approaches
Taking the time to first consider the right approach for your for product, and your unique audience is the first step in the process. There are a lot of other considerations to take into account, including writing a good script, selecting the right on-camera talent, securing locations, and developing the right design, motion graphics, and music. Below are five approaches you should consider.
1. Product Review Videos – One approach is to hire an actor or an industry expert to give an honest review of the product. This is a great way to add value by educating your customer, and potentially setting yourself apart from the competition. Shoppers appreciate hearing about the feature set? as well as the pros and cons of the products. It’s important that these reviews are honest and feel authentic.
2. Customer testimonials – There is no better way to tell the story of brand or product than to have someone else do it for you, and custom testimonial videos are a great way for your customers to talk peer to peer about your product or service. We find this can be a super effective way to connect with your audience. Again, the most important thing is that these testimonial sound genuine and believable.
3. Life Style or Mood Videos – These videos are more like commercials and have more an emotional appeal. This style is appropriate when selling things like cosmetics, appeal or fashion based products, just like our Buff USA Headwear video. This approach can be helpful in selling everything from consumer electronics t0 functional fashion, just check the stills below.
4. Creating a Video Manual – A video manual is another way to become the “go to” place for your customers to learn more about your products, when they need education the most, after they have purchased the product and they need help assembling or using the product. These videos not only build loyalty but can also save your customer service people from hours of explaining how to assemble or troubleshoot problems.
5. Product Demo – This is like a video manual but with more personality. Product demos are effective for both prospective buyers as well as educating consumers after they have purchased your product. Below an example of a product demo we produced for Breville Appliances.
We recommend that you work with a production company that will guide you through the process of creating an effective product video. Studio B Films has produced numerous product videos over the years for a variety products, each requiring a unique approach. Please feel free to give us a call at 510-848-6026 or email about your video needs using the “Get a Quote” page.