25 Nov Studio B searches for a new Production Coordinator
About Studio B
Work in a fast-paced, close-knit, fun, and creative environment. Studio B Films is a full-service video production studio and creative agency. Our work includes branding videos, customer stories, web campaigns, commercials, corporate communications, and motion graphics. We are based in Berkeley and are now in our 20th year of business. Our clients include Adobe, Clif Bar, SF Symphony, Intel, HP, and various high tech and mobile app companies, as well as a variety of ad agencies. To better understand who we are and the work we do, please check us out by visiting www.studiob101.wpengine.com.
We are now looking to hire a freelance Production Coordinator (full-time hours and responsibilities).
As the in-house Production Coordinator, you will report to the Founder, Creative Director, and Executive Producer of Studio B, as well as other producers working on projects for the studio. You will manage project scheduling and coordinate the communications and day-to-day workings of the production team. You will crew up for shoots, help monitor freelance invoicing, and ensure that nothing in terms of logistics is overlooked. Because you’re mainly responsible for some of the day-to-day workings of the production office, this position is primarily office-based and at times will require longer hours, particularly in the final week before the start of principal photography for each “show.”
– Draft client contracts and ensure that they are fully executed and digitally archived
– Source, hold, book, and negotiate crew and locations
– Coordinate travel, accommodations, permits, and licenses when needed
– Organize and process documentation related to insurance cover for action vehicles, rentals, office equipment, etc.
– Help source talent, voice overs, and freelancers and negotiate rates as well as update internal databases
– overseeing and managing auditions or casting sessions, once the Producer has negotiated acceptable terms
– Prepare and distribute call sheets, shooting schedules, shot lists, scripts, script revisions
– Manage digital job folders and ensure most recent script, boards, and other assets are properly labeled, working, and accessible
– Organize the use of printing, courier, and shipping companies as needed
– Perform quality control on client deliveries and occasionally manage the upload of files to clients via FTP and other methods (ie. yousendit, dropbox, wiredrive, etc).
– Oversee music searches using subscribed music libraries
– Assist with obtaining music licenses or rights to use stock media (visuals and music).
– Communicate with composers, musicians, and artists for music sketches
– Schedule sound mixes and color grade sessions prior to client deliveries
– Assist the Producer or Production Manager to “wrap” the production by closing accounts with vendors, returning surplus stock, tying up all loose ends, and ensuring that critical documents are archived and in a suitable format so that information can be easily accessed by other personnel when needed.
We’re looking for a natural multi-tasker who can work calmly under pressure and without constant supervision. We’re really looking for someone who is dialed into the local production community, hardworking, efficient, and has excellent organizational and communication skills. You should have a solid understanding of the filmmaking or video production process and of the different phases of production. You must be highly computer literate with excellent email crafting skills.
Prior experience in a film or video production studio environment is highly desired. Experience successfully working across departments, interacting with different dynamic personalities is a plus. Experience strategically delegating tasks and managing a small team is also a plus. A clean driving record and current driver’s license is also required.
Studio B is a very unique example of a mid-size studio experiencing fast growth. The person who will fill this role can expect a fast-paced, but close-knit friendly environment. You will work closely with each individual whether he or she is a producer, editor, motion graphics artist, color grader, sound mixer, etc. Be prepared and expect to bring your mental rolodex into this role, as you never know who or what you will need to tap into to get a job done.
To be considered for an initial phone interview, please send your resume and a brief statement to [email protected] about why you would be the perfect person for this role.